Collaborative for High Performance Schools (CHPS)
The Collaborative for High Performance Schools (CHPS) is a non-profit organization dedicated to building a new generation of K-12 schools that are sustainable healthy high performance learning environments for our nation’s children. CHPS members include state agencies, utility partners, manufacturers, design firms and school districts. CHPS administers a variety of programs to promote “greener” and healthier schools through design, construction and operation. CHPS is seeking a Technical Associate to assist in these activities. Please visit www.chps.net to learn more about CHPS.
Full-Time Position: Technical Associate
Job Description: Working under the direction of the CHPS Technical Director, the Technical Associate is an in-house technical resource and coordinator for CHPS core programs and resources. This individual will be responsible for helping resolve technical, program implementation and policy issues associated with CHPS tools and resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Employee will be a member of the CHPS Team and will perform duties under the CHPS Technical Director, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Oversee school project registration, progress, and certification for the CHPS Verified and CHPS Designed recognition programs
- Provide technical and programmatic assistance to school districts and design professionals on the CHPS Criteria and CHPS Verified and CHPS Designed program requirements.
- Provide technical consulting to school districts and design professionals on CHPS’ Criteria, which includes recommendations for energy, water and resource efficiency as well as healthy indoor environments.
- Facilitate revisions to and the development of new and geographic adaptations of the CHPS Criteria rating system based on the CHPS Core Criteria and national credit library.
- Assist with updates and additions to the CHPS Best Practices Manual for how to design, construct and operate green schools.
- Assist with creation of educational training materials on CHPS guidelines and materials.
- Provide technical support for the CHPS national technical committee.
- Provide technical support for the CHPS Operations Report Card, a school facilities assessment benchmarking program.
- Help resolve technical and program issues with CHPS tools and resources for volunteer committees, regional partners, and customer service inquires.
- Contribute to the vision of the evolution of CHPS’ technical resources.
Education and Full-Time Professional Experience:
An undergraduate four-year college degree with background in engineering, architecture, design, building sciences or other related fields is required.
- Strong project management, and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills – oral, written, and presentation
- Initiative and ability to work independently and collaboratively; responsive and adaptive personality
- Excellent computer skills are essential: fluency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint required, with proficiency in other programs, webpage development, Drupal CMS, database management systems, and mobile website applications preferre
- Strong technical writing and/or copy editing skills; detail oriented
- Knowledge and experience with green building/sustainable practices
- Successful work with CHPS or LEED projects a plus
- Travel (up to 25%) will be required for the purpose of meeting with members, stakeholders, and clients and visiting school sites.
- Work from home
- Valid driver’s license.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Sitting, standing or walking for extended periods of time.
Benefits and Salary:
Starting salary will commensurate with experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
To apply, please email your resume and a letter of interest outlining your relevant experience to email@example.com; starting salary will commensurate with experience; however, we anticipate salary to be between $38,000-$45,000. Please indicate the job title (CHPS Technical Associate) in the subject line of your email, include your last name in the filename of any attachments. CHPS will be accepting applications until the position is filled.