Location: Sacramento, CA
Categories: Fundraising/ Membership
Skill Level: Senior Level
Position Type: Full Time
California-based national organization seeks a full-time Development Manager to attain financial support and resources necessary to execute our mission to make schools a better place to learn.
The Development Manager works under the general direction the Executive Director to plan and execute fundraising strategies and monitor progress toward annual revenue goals. The Development Manager supports the Executive Director, Board of Directors, Development Committee, and Membership Committee in cultivating and soliciting sponsorships from corporations, grants from foundations and government agencies, corporate memberships, and major gifts from individuals.
The Development Manager will be responsible for fundraising via one-on-one meetings with donors, telephone solicitations, grantwriting, online giving, and public presentations. S/he is responsible for providing leadership and direction to staff so they can support the organization's development and membership efforts. The Development Manager works collaboratively with the Executive Director to strategize, establish and execute plans. S/he is responsible to enable building the fundraising capacity of the Board of Directors and staff.
The Development Manager will be responsible to conduct the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage all grant proposals to government agencies, private foundations, and corporate foundations that require formal and detailed proposal submission and follow-up.
Occasional travel is required.
• Meet or exceed annual fundraising targets.
• Control fundraising expenditures against fundraising budget.
• Internal: Collaborate with the Board of Directors, Development Committee, Membership Committee, staff and volunteers.
• External: Establish and maintain contact with potential, current, and former donors, external groups, and others as required.
Demonstrated knowledge of principles related to fundraising, marketing, communication and public relations; strategic planning and partnership development.
Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred. Concentration in management, communications, nonprofit management, or other related discipline preferred. CFRE designation preferred.
Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible growth and experience preferred in the area of non-profit fundraising; resource development and marketing; demonstrated ability to manage budgets and control expenses, experience with environmental health or green building related fundraising considered a plus. Experience with a donor management database such as CiviCRM or Sugar CRM a plus.
Applicants must possess:
• Demonstrated successful fundraising track record.
• Strong communications skills, including written, oral, listening, and public speaking.
• Independence, self-starter with the demonstrated ability to take the initiative and to follow through to achieve results
• Collaborative and creative approach to work.
• Commitment to taking on a leadership role in the organization.
• A passion for the organization's mission. Capacity to clearly articulate that mission and inspire others.
• Strong planning, monitoring, time management, and strategic thinking skills.
• Passion for networking and relationship-building.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, hands-on environment and work effectively under pressure; meet deadlines; organize and prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail and maintain a flexible approach to changing priorities and methods.
• Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other computer applications.
• Ability to present self in a personable, professional, competent, and energetic manner.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and other comparably-sized nonprofit organizations. Applications must specify a required salary range for consideration. We offer a competitive benefits package including group health insurance, paid time off, and a retirement plan. CHPS offers a dynamic work environment and is committed to workplace diversity.
Please send cover letter, resume, required salary range and 3 references. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. No phone calls or office visits. Send inquiries Attn: Development Manager to email@example.com. When you apply for this position, please say where you saw it posted.