What are CHPS Pre-Approved Products™?
Whether you are pursuing Verified recognition from CHPS or certification under LEED or just looking for products guaranteed to meet high standards for indoor environmental quality and/or resource conservation, we are on a mission to make it easy for school personnel and design professionals to select, specify, and document building materials that meet our criteria. CHPS Pre-Approved Products have been reviewed and certified by CHPS to meet our requirements for Low Emitting Materials*, Recycled Content, Certified Wood, Environmental Product Declaration (EPDs) and/or Product Health Information Reporting (e.g. HPDs).
*CHPS follows CDPH/EHLB/Standard Method v1.2 for low VOC materials. CHPS Products approved as low emitting also meet LEED v4/4.1 requirements.
If you are a Manufacturer,
- CHPS Products have visibility in the market.
- CHPS Products meeting CDPH Standard Method v1.2 for VOC content are recognized by both CHPS and LEED as valid for Low Emitting Materials prerequisites and credits.
- CHPS Products are appealing to designers, specifiers, and school administrations because the CHPS Certificate guarantees the product meets high standards.
CHPS Members get one free product certificate per year and a discount on listing with our partners (see below under Using our New Listings).
Manufacturers wishing to earn the CHPS Pre-Approved Product designation, please contact us for information on how to get your products approved and listed.
If you are an Architect,
- Our product listings make it easy to find and specify products meeting our criteria and your client's needs.
- CHPS Products approved for low VOC content meet the LEED v4 Low emitting materials credit.
- CHPS Products require no documentation from a project team during review for CHPS Verified recognition!
If you are from a School or District,
- CHPS' review means you have to do less work to decide if a product has the right health and environmental attributes for your school. We do the work for you!
We remain grateful to EPA, CalRecycle, and others that supported the development of our original High Performance Products Database, and we will continue to provide product pre-approval and identification so that school and design professionals know they are selecting the healthiest and highest performing products available.
CHPS new listing of low emitting, recycled content, certified wood, or rapidly renewable products are contained in the CHPS Pre-Approved Product page at ZeroDocs.com/CHPS. The listings may include EPDs and HPDs too. To identify CHPS Pre-Approved Products, look for the CHPS letter or certificate linked on the product page.
For California projects, the “CHPS High Performance Products Database” in CALGreen 5.504 refers to the CHPS ZeroDocs page.
Use the Sustainable Minds Transparency Catalog to identify products that meet our requirements for product transparency declarations (EPDs or HPDs). Look for the CHPS Product and CHPS Member logos on the manufacturer pages.